On 9/2/05, Scott Saylors <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Gilberto Simpson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Dear Scott, I think you may have misunderstood what I meant to say. I
> didn't mean that there were different groups disagreed about the
> status of the Bab. I'm saying that among those who believe in the
> status of the Bab, there are differences and disagreements about other
> matters.
> I said it that way because on previous occasions when I've seen the
> issue discussed, "Bahai" is usually defined in very narrow way which
> defines sectarian problems out of existence.
> Every time there was a transition in leadership (Bab, Bahaullah,
> Abdul-Baha, Shoghi Effendi, UHJ) there was a split between those who
> took one fork and those who went some other way.
> That's all I'm saying.
>
> Peace
>
> Gilberto
>
> Gilberto,
>
> I certainly took no offense and am heartily sorry if you thought I had.
>
?!? No, I didn't think you were offended. I really just meant a
misunderstanding had taken place.
> Yes, at each juncture there has been a falling away from the message. This
> is not unique to the Baha`i Faith either.
>
> When Shi'ih and Sunni began their tragic split, this was just such a
> "falling away". I am not going to venture an opinion as to which was the
> true path of Islam, but I must note that the "falling away" left two very
> strong and numerous groups, each claiming the distinction of being the
> "true" Islam.
Perhaps you as an individual don't have an opinion (which is fine). It
is my understanding that the Bahai faith teaches that Shiis are more
correct. But I wouldn't speak about the split in the way you do. At
least from Sunni scholars who I would respect, Shiis for the most part
are *actually* Muslim.
Peace
Gilberto
The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments thereto ("e-mail")
is sent by the Johnson County Community College ("JCCC") and is intended to be
confidential and for the use of only the individual or entity named above. The
information may be protected by federal and state privacy and disclosures acts
or other legal rules. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are notified that retention, dissemination, distribution or
copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail
in error please immediately notify JCCC by email reply and immediately and
permanently delete this e-mail message and any attachments thereto. Thank you.
__________________________________________________
You are subscribed to Baha'i Studies as: mailto:[email protected]
Unsubscribe: send a blank email to mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subscribe: send subscribe bahai-st in the message body to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subscribe: http://list.jccc.edu:8080/read/all_forums/subscribe?name=bahai-st
Baha'i Studies is available through the following:
Mail - mailto:[email protected]
Web - http://list.jccc.edu:8080/read/?forum=bahai-st
News - news://list.jccc.edu/bahai-st
Public - http://www.escribe.com/religion/bahaist
Old Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]
New Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]