Gilberto,

At 11:39 AM 9/7/2005, you wrote:
>>I guess the main difference is whether Noachides are something recent or 
>>ancient.<<

I think it is important not to confuse the word with the concept. The word 
"Noachide" has been used to refer to a variety of concepts. However, today, the 
concept largely refers to non-Jewish members of Lubavitcher Chasidim. 

>>From what I remember, the Temple in Jerusalem had a section for Gentiles so 
>>presumably there would have Noachides of some variety even in ancient times. 
>>And I've already mentioned the Biblical references.<<

Yes, but there is no connection, except in name, with modern Noachides. 

Via moderna, Mark A. Foster . http://markfoster.net
... since [a] word is said to be common, it can be called 
a universal. - Wm. of Ockham, Summa Logicae, part I
Structurization Tech: http://tech.structurization.com 



 
 
The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments thereto ("e-mail") 
is sent by the Johnson County Community College ("JCCC") and is intended to be 
confidential and for the use of only the individual or entity named above. The 
information may be protected by federal and state privacy and disclosures acts 
or other legal rules. If the reader of this message is not the intended 
recipient, you are notified that retention, dissemination, distribution or 
copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail 
in error please immediately notify JCCC by email reply and immediately and 
permanently delete this e-mail message and any attachments thereto. Thank you.
 
 
__________________________________________________
 

You are subscribed to Baha'i Studies as: mailto:[email protected]
Unsubscribe: send a blank email to mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subscribe: send subscribe bahai-st in the message body to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subscribe: http://list.jccc.edu:8080/read/all_forums/subscribe?name=bahai-st
Baha'i Studies is available through the following:
Mail - mailto:[email protected]
Web - http://list.jccc.edu:8080/read/?forum=bahai-st
News - news://list.jccc.edu/bahai-st
Public - http://www.escribe.com/religion/bahaist
Old Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]
New Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]

Reply via email to