Dear Brent,

Oridinarily I would agree with you about the weakness of utilizing a
pilgrim's note. But in this case the pilgrim's note in question merely
elucidates what the Will and Testament itself said regarding the the fact
that the legislative powers of the House of Justice were different from
the Executive power of the government. As to why we find references to the
elected institutions functioning in an executive capacity, clearly as the
head of our religious organization it must, but that does not mean they
will carry out all those functions in relation to a Baha'i Commonwealth.
I'd go into more detail but right now I am attending the ABS meeting and
have to a whopping big bill for internet access.

warmest, Susan