> If we were to take this as an accurate statement of a limitation on the
> nature and powers of the National and Universal House of Justice, how
> would we reconcile this with the Guardian's statement to the US NSA about
> "the relations that should be maintained between the central
> administrative Body and its assisting organs of executive and legislative
> action."

Dear Brent,

I think there is a distinction between how our administrative institutions
operate within the Baha'i community currently and how it might operate as
part of a Baha'i Commonwealth. As you know Shoghi Effendi set policies that
would have ordinarily rested with the House of Justice were it in existence
at the time.

> A similar passage concerning the future power of "Baha'i Assemblies" to
> execute the Baha'i laws when constituted by their governments as
> recognized Baha'i courts is on WOB p. 200.

I believe I acknowledged the judicial power ultimately rested with the
Houses of Justice. Courts don't exercise executive power.

Here we are talking specifically about the executive power of the state.

warmest, Susan