>>My observation is that neither TV or clothing is all that worse than when
you and I were young. The cartoons were certainly more violent then! The
present fad in tatooing and body piercing is pretty gross, but I think young
people as a whole are less likely to take drugs and engage in promiscuous
behavior than our generation. Of course, that is partly because we were so
bad. ;-}

Dear Susan,

To be fair, as far as I know drug addiction and STD's were practically unheard of before the 60's.  So there is a definite practical reason why both of these decreased.

I would imagine that the same thing may develop from the current obsession with gaming in our youth.  If it starts to be the cause of definite practical problems institutions will be set up to counter the trend and it will be held in check, at least temporarily.

Best Regards,

Matt