> One day, someone will write a doctoral dissertation on the style of
> translation of Shoghi Effendi.  A lot can be learned from his
> translations.

Dear Brent and David,

Dianne Malouf already did, but I think it will take more than one
dissertation.

I don't think it would be readily apparent to the Western reader what was
meant by 'claiming a Cause." You'd have to know how Baha'u'llah uses the
term. Shoghi Effendi translated it as he did to emphasize that no one should
arise claiming to bring a new religion. Unfortunately I think we ended up
stressing the 'direct from God' part so much we missed the point.

warmest, Susan