"Dear Susan  You're right.  I have seen what you say about the age of this
world, but I couldn't find an answer to this Word of `Abdu'l-Baha about `ten
thousand years'.  Could you look at it in Makatib or second volume of
Ma'idih (vol. 2, chapter 35)?  (you can find it in both books)"

Dear Faruq,

The passage is from SAQ and I note that 'Abdu'l-Baha did not say the earth
was millions of years old, He said it was much older!

"As you see, we have no records of twenty thousand years ago, although we
have before proved by argument that life on this earth is very ancient. It
is not one hundred thousand, or two hundred thousand, or one million or two
million years old; it is very ancient, and the ancient records and traces
are entirely obliterated."

I note this passage as well:

"As the perfection of man is entirely due to the composition of the atoms of
the elements, to their measure, to the method of their combination, and to
the mutual influence and action of the different beings--then, since man was
produced ten or a hundred thousand years ago from these earthly elements
with the same measure and balance, the same method of combination and
mingling, and the same influence of the other beings, exactly the same man
existed then as now,"

warmest, Susan