-----Original Message-----
Steve Cooney wrote:
> The clue is the translation of the Tablet of the
> Branch. According to Lacroix-Hopson (Abdu'l-Baha in
> New York) and Juliet Thompson's Diary, this was done
> on the Day of the Covenant November 28th by Dr
> Baghdadi and Dr Farid with Abdu'l-Baha supervising
> and published on the 2nd of December days out from
> Abdu'l-Baha's departure.
>
> Its still difficult to find the exact solemn occasion
> but it appears to be the talk at the Kinneys on
> December 2nd in which Abdu'l-Baha talks about the most
> great characteristic of the Bahai Revelation being the
> institution of the Center of the Covenant. This is the
> talk that Howard Colby Ives accepted the Faith and
> reported in his memoirs.  Its solemnity I suppose is
> that it represents his last meetings with his followers.
>
> To be honest there seems a little discrepancy between
> Century of Light and God Passes By. I prefer the God
> Passes By version. Balyuzi is talking about Chicago?

Dear Steve,

The Dec 2 meeting does seem be the "dynamic affirmation" meeting of God
Passes By, Page 288, when a new translation of Tablet of the Branch was
read.  And I suspect the Dec 2 meeting is also the same as the "solemn
occasion" mentioned by Shoghi Effendi in The World Order of Baha'u'llah, p.
76, but this may be just an assumption.

A translation of the Tablet of the Branch is not mentioned in relation to
the "solemn occasion", and I may be mistaken that the "solemn occasion"
events were the same as the "dynamic affirmation" events.  Perhaps the
"solemn occasion" occurred on June 19 and the "dynamic affirmation" occurred
on Dec 2.

Further, I think the June 19 events were incorrectly conflated (by me, in my
from Balyuzi and Century of Light both seem to refer to the June 19 events
(when 'Abdu'l-Baha emphasized His station as the Center of the Covenant)
rather than to the "dynamic affirmation" which followed the reading of the
newly translated Tablet of the Branch.

Below are excerpts from The Diary of Juliet Thompson regarding the June 19
events.

--- Vaughn

... (the nineteenth of June) ...  I had just begun to work...  Suddenly,
with a great flash like lightning He opened His eyes and the room seemed to
rock like a ship in a storm with the Power released.  The Master was
blazing.  "The veils of glory", "the thousand veils", had shrivelled away in
that Flame and we were exposed to the Glory itself.
"I appoint you, Lua, the Herald of the Covenant.  And I AM THE COVENANT,
appointed by Bahá'u'lláh.  And no one can refute His Word.  This is the
Testament of Bahá'u'lláh.  You will find it in the Holy Book of Aqdas.  Go
forth and proclaim, 'This is THE COVENANT OF GOD in your midst.'"
In the afternoon of that same day He sent Lua down to the waiting people to
"proclaim the Covenant"; then a little later followed her and spoke Himself
on the station of the Centre of the Covenant, but not as He had done to Lua
and me.  The blazing Reality of it He had revealed in His own Person to us.
To them He spoke guardedly, even deleting afterwards from our notes some of
the things He had said.
  (The Diary of Juliet Thompson)