Has the House actually confirmed that the Remey design will be built? Given that the Master and Guardian approved Remey and his design before he broke the covenant, it would seem that the House would have grounds to alter the decision. Does it seem credible or consistent that either the Master or the Guardian would not revoke a responsibility and bounty bestowed upon a believer if he broke the covenant, especially if that believer rebelled against the House, an institution further developed and defined by the Master and the Guardian themselves?

I guess I don't see it in terms of responsibility or bounty. The design was approved, simple as that. Obviously, therefore, 'Abdu'l-Baha felt that Remey's design would be fine for the next thousand years. I don't see how Remey's becoming a CB has any relevance to this matter. We don't have grounds for using a different design, as we had grounds for pronouncing Remey a CB.

Regards,
David

Download MSN Messenger @ http://messenger.xtramsn.co.nz - talk to family and friends overseas!

---------- You are subscribed to Baha'i Studies as: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] To unsubscribe send a blank email to mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Baha'i Studies is available through the following: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] http://list.jccc.net/cgi-bin/lyris.pl?enter=bahai-st news://list.jccc.net/bahai-st http://www.escribe.com/religion/bahaist (public) http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED] (public)