To : Brig. General Duc Pic le d'Erring, Minister of War
From: Major Alan la Pointe, 1st Battalion, Royal Marines
Sir,
My apologies concerning the mis-understanding of what you required in an
aide. I had assumed that the General would have ample subalterns to make
sure that his boots were shined to the point of mirror reflection, his
creases sharp enough to cut hair and his horses pretty enough to win a
ribbons. It was my, mistaken, assumption that the Minister of War would
require more than that in an aide.
I jumped at the offer due to frustration in any, immediate, hope of
advancement in my Regiment. Indeed, I was overlooked a couple of times
when last out on campaign because there were no openings for advancements.
If only the LtC. position would open soon! Ah, but I do digress...
Again, my apologies for the mis-understanding and a warm thanks for your
reply clearing up the matter.
In Loyal Service to His Majesty,
Major Alan la Pointe
[ OOC: AlP says, "Oops" and hints to the General that some influence
getting rid of the NPC LtC of the Royal Marines would be appreciated. ]