From: Major Alan la Pointe, 1st Battalion, Royal Marines
To : Brig. General Duc Pic le d'Erring, Minister of War
Sir,
I was humbled by your offer of assistance in, what appeared to be, little
chance of promotion for me in the Royal Marines. It seems that time has
brought new hope to my position. Since our last correspondence the LtC's
commission has opened up; due to new regimental restructuring. I shall be
putting in the paper work requesting the LtC's commission this month.
As a small token of my appreciation I plan to have a word with Subaltern
Moosch Y Zer to suggest that he contact your office, at the earliest, for
an interview. By all accounts he is the most competent subaltern in the
Royal Marines. I hope he meets the standards you require.
Again, my thanks for your concern in my affairs.
In Loyal Service to His Majesty,
Major Alan la Pointe
[ OOC: Not sure if you have to declare it or not, but AlP will be trying
to buy the LtC Commision in the Royal Marines this turn.]