To the honourable Msr. Loiuse de Lettres, Regimental Clerk, QOC
 
Sir, I have just heard the sad and terrible news of the death of that brave hero and defender of France, the most highly esteemed Lieutenant Colonel France en Pense (RIP), an event that I am sure has left the entire regiment in shock and trauma. I would be most grateful if you could supply me with the address of any remaining family, in order that I might send my condolences directly to them. Thank you.
 
Your obedient servant
 
Captain Henri Serf-Edly (HSE), Grand Duke Max Dragoons
 
P.S. Please excuse this enquiry concerning the will of our newly departed friend. Without wishing to appear tasteless in any way by raising this issue so soon after the Lieutenant Colonel's death, I am led to believe that the gracious hero left some small pecuniary gift to myself. However, rumours abound that the legality of this testament might be contested! I myself find it hard to conceive how anyone might pursue such actions, surely contrary to the last desires of one of France's leading military heroes. I would respectfully ask that you defend the Lieutenant Colonel's dying wishes with maximum effort, and see that his money is disposed of according to his final directives. Thank you.

Reply via email to