Below are some points about ZFS and BeneliX that were made in the meetup.

ZFS is a cutting edge
filesystem<http://www.google.co.in/search?q=cutting+edge+filesystem>from
Sun Microsystems adopted by
BeneliX <http://www.belenix.org/>.

Some of the underlying concepts of ZFS
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZFS>that I think is simply stunning are:

* Storage is managed by pools<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZFS#Storage_pools>.
A storage pool abstracts several block devices.

* Allows for easy addition and replacement of drives to a pool with zfs *add
* and *replace* commands.

* Ability to create large sparse
files<http://blogs.sun.com/bonwick/entry/seek_hole_and_seek_data>
.

*
Snapshots<http://docs.huihoo.com/opensolaris/solaris-zfs-administration-guide/html/ch06.html>:
A snapshot is a read-only copy of a filesystem. It consumes no additional
space initially and is created
  instantly. The snapshot starts consuming space when the data that is being
snapshot changes. So snapshots can
  be used for backup. Snapshots can also be used as means to collaborate
over a project with the zfs *send* and *receive* commands.

*
Clones<http://docs.huihoo.com/opensolaris/solaris-zfs-administration-guide/html/ch06s02.html>:
A clone is a writable copy of a filesystem. It is created instantly and
initially occupies no space
  ( because ZFS implements the
copy-on-write<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZFS#Copy-on-write_transactional_model>idiom
).

* ZFS has no notion of formatting.

I had taken a VBox image of BeneliX from Sriram (comes in two DVDs). I tried
installing BeneliX onto it VBox complained
that it could not detect any boot medium. I will try to figure out the
problem soon.

Thanks to Sriram and Moinak for introducing us to this wonderful technology.