On Sat, Sep 7, 2013 at 6:20 PM, Anand B Pillai
<anandpillai at letterboxes.org> wrote:

>> in anyway, but in general I don't personally agree with
>> "woman coding" as a separate problem as opposed to "people
>> coding".

>I hope you raised these objections on the PSF mailing list too.

>-svaksha

As a PSF member I'm going to delurk right now. That's because as an
admirer/supporter of the India Python community, I'm rather shocked and
saddened by this thread.

The PSF and pyladies have been affiliated for quite some time, arguably
years at this point. In fact, the PSF has provided thousands, perhaps ten
of thousands of dollars of support for PyLadies. In addition, PyLadies was
co-founded by an Indian-American (Audrey Roy), so one can argue that the
qualities that make up the group were influenced by her Indian heritage.

For reference, Anand Pillai has never raised any issues about Pyladies in
the PSF members mailing list or any other venues except for his now deleted
GitHub repo, this thread, and a previous one. Like myself and other PSF
members, there have been and are numerous opportunities and occasions to
discuss PyLadies in official channels to which he has ready access.

Rather than argue in one direction or another, I wonder how Anand would
feel if I created a similar github repo, this one in regards to the entire
Python community of India. Imagine those same code structures in regards to
India.  Imagine if I used all of his emailed arguments in the defense of my
code and "humor".

How would the readers of this list feel?

Angry. Furious. Demanding of real apologies.

Svashka is standing up for what's right. I'm behind what she says 100%.

--
'Knowledge is Power'
Daniel Greenfeld