On dimanche, 13 novembre 2016 09.30:33 h CET Thomas D wrote:
> Hi,
> at the moment i am testing Bareos-Webui with an HP MSL6480 Tape Library. So
> i think some features would be nice for tape-handling in
> autochanger-management: 1) Barcode-Labeling
> I think Labeling all tapes to a specific pool is a nice feature. But what if
> you have a mixed tape-enviroment. Maybe Slot 1 - 30 should be barcode
> labeled for Scratch-Pool-ITBackup and Slot 31-42 should be barcode labeled
> for Scratch-Pool-Archive. So if i can check specific slots for labeling it
> will be a really nice feature. 2) Releasing Tape-Drive/-s
> Some Autochanger will be cleaning automatically the drives. But for that you
> have to release the drive. A Button for manual release would be nice. 3)
> Manual Mounting/Unmounting Tapes from specific slots
> 4) Formatting Tapes like mt rewind & mt weof & mt rewind

> 5) Pause and Resume a Backup Job
> If you want to make a Full Backup of 30TB of Data, you can't do this over
> night. So the Backup will block a Fileserver during handling production
> traffic. To pause the job during production time and resume over night
> would be cool.

I wonder what state it should resume, all the changed files between the
beginning and the resume will be marked as changed ?

btw with enough power 30TB on a 10Gbps should be handled during the night

from http://techinternets.com/copy_calc?do
Speed: 10 gbps
Size: 30 TB
7 Hours, 30 Minutes and 33 Seconds

--

Bruno Friedmann
 Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch

openSUSE Tumbleweed
Linux 4.8.6-2-default x86_64 GNU/Linux, nvidia: 367.57
Qt: 5.7.0, KDE Frameworks: 5.27.0, Plasma: 5.8.3, kmail2 5.3.0 (QtWebEngine)