Le dimanche 13 novembre 2016 18:30:33 UTC+1, Thomas D a écrit :
> Hi,
> at the moment i am testing Bareos-Webui with an HP MSL6480 Tape Library. So i
> think some features would be nice for tape-handling in autochanger-management:
> 1) Barcode-Labeling
> I think Labeling all tapes to a specific pool is a nice feature. But what if
> you have a mixed tape-enviroment. Maybe Slot 1 - 30 should be barcode labeled
> for Scratch-Pool-ITBackup and Slot 31-42 should be barcode labeled for
> Scratch-Pool-Archive. So if i can check specific slots for labeling it will
> be a really nice feature.
> 2) Releasing Tape-Drive/-s
> Some Autochanger will be cleaning automatically the drives. But for that you
> have to release the drive. A Button for manual release would be nice.
> 3) Manual Mounting/Unmounting Tapes from specific slots
> 4) Formatting Tapes like mt rewind & mt weof & mt rewind
> 5) Pause and Resume a Backup Job
> If you want to make a Full Backup of 30TB of Data, you can't do this over
> night. So the Backup will block a Fileserver during handling production
> traffic. To pause the job during production time and resume over night would
> be cool.
>
> I hope you can implement such features.
> best regards
> Thomas

May be I am off topic, because the subject is "webui", but the 5th point is
interesting. More precisely, we have difficulties to plan a job overnight on
customers' premises, depending of their bandwidth. Other backup tools have the
ability to "defer" backups when it is after time ("when production time
arrives", for instance 9am). "Deferred bytes" are sent next night. It is more a
schedule feature than a webui feature, but I am looking for.

Sylvain