Jan Tymiński <tym...@gmail.com> writes:

> On 25 January 2017 at 12:26, Jörg Steffens wrote:
>
>     You might also ask at
>
> https://www.redpill-linpro.com/sysadvent/2015/12/11/backing-up-radosgw.html
>     about the plugin developed there.
>
> Not sure if I got it correctly - does this plugin backup files from
> S3?

that's correct.

> I am looking for a support using S3 as a storage backend, so the
> opposite - I'd like to put my backups on S3.

sorry I can't help there, for us the local storage on our Bareos server
is much cheaper than our own Ceph cluster (triplicate storage vs. bulk
RAID6 :-) so we haven't had the need to do the opposite.

> I've also asked few friends regarding that and they agree with me,
> that this doesn't seem to treat S3 as a backend for storing backups.
> Are there any alternatives currently or I have to use s3fs for that at
> the moment?

are you using Amazon S3 or Ceph?  if you can use Rados, there may be
more luck, although the backend is experimental.

--
Kjetil T. Homme
Redpill Linpro AS - Changing the game