Am 22.10.2017 um 22:52 schrieb Michael Masterson:
> I got 17.2 to compile and run on solaris 11.3 x86, updated my database, and
> everything seems to be working nicely, except...
>
> The dashboard progress display shows a job running, but no progress:
>
> it says:
>
> (Not enough data to estimate progress or statistics collection is disabled.)
>
> I do have statistics collection enabled in the director/storage/Tape.conf
> definition.
>
> Is there something else needed?

What is the last commit hash of the 17.2 branch you compiled from? There
is a commit (eae7ad953ed5c92cee562c2246719e073220603c), this feature
depends on.

The progressbar is working as following.

As already mentioned by you and the widget itself, you do have statitics
collection to be enabled which writes statistics every 60 seconds to
your catalog database (60 sec. is the default configuration).

The "Running jobs" dashboard widget itself queries every 60 seconds for
new data to calculate the progress from.

To be as precise as possible the Job Level is taken into account. So a
job of the same level had to be run before to display the progress.
We do only want to compare a previous FULL vs the actual running Full,
for example, which is still a bit fuzzy but more accurate than comparing
an incremental against a full backup.

If such job is not in place, no percentages of the progress are shown.

So probably in your case there was no job of such level in place.

Also, for obvious reasons like explained above the job needs to run for
a while as calculation is only done every 60 seconds by default, which
could be a reason no percentages were displayed as your job maybe
finished to fast.

Please check if such circumstances are given to have it working properly
and let us know if you afterwards still encounter any problems.

Regards
Frank

--
Frank Bergkemper                   frank.bergkem...@bareos.com
Bareos GmbH & Co. KG               Phone: +49-221-630693-94

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Köln | Amtsgericht Köln: HRA 29646
Komplementär: Bareos Verwaltungs-GmbH
Geschäftsführer: Stephan Dühr, M. Außendorf, J. Steffens, P. Storz