On Monday, October 23, 2017 at 3:02:52 AM UTC-5, Frank Bergkemper wrote:
> To be as precise as possible the Job Level is taken into account. So a
> job of the same level had to be run before to display the progress.
> We do only want to compare a previous FULL vs the actual running Full,
> for example, which is still a bit fuzzy but more accurate than comparing
> an incremental against a full backup.

I have to say that I believe that there's a better way to handle this.  I'm not
getting any indication that a job is running if it's not a repeat job, it just
sits there with
Job ID: 364 Files: 0 Bytes: 0.00 B Bytes/s: 0.00 B
for the whole time it runs, even if you're not going to estimate percentage
complete, you should still update the progress.

I do believe that doing an estimate before the job would be preferable to just
guessing based on the last job, at least offer that as a configurable option,
please?