Well that might be your opinion - my experience is much more diversified. Don't
assume the same solution fits everywhere.

But this is not the question here - I just wanted to know if Bareos is usable
in a removable disk scenario. The data to backup is around 12TB.

PS:
I know environments where tape is an excellent choice, and I have seen
environments where tapes failed miserably while hard drives worked extremely
reliable.
It is just not black and white in real life.