That sounds interesting and promising! I started to think about it when I read
the bacula Book and there vchanger is used albeit for a different purpose, but
it looked like it can be used for my requirements, too.

Can you explain a liitle bit more in detail how/what you are doing? ANy
starting point is helpful! In exchange, I can write up a little howto?