From: bareos-users@googlegroups.com <bareos-users@googlegroups.com>
Sent: יום א 29 אוקטובר 2023 18:28
To: Digest recipients <bareos-users@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [bareos-users] Digest for bareos-users@googlegroups.com - 2 updates in
1 topic

bareos-users@googlegroups.com

<https://groups.google.com/forum/?utm_source=digest&utm_medium=email/#!overview>
 Google Groups

<https://groups.google.com/forum/?utm_source=digest&utm_medium=email/#!overview>

Topic digest
View all topics

·       Help with retention - 2 Updates

<http://groups.google.com/group/bareos-users/t/239f1486f520aa15?utm_source=digest&utm_medium=email>
 Help with retention

Yariv Hazan <yari...@gmail.com <mailto:yari...@gmail.com> >: Oct 29 03:25AM
-0700

Hello,
My retention is pretty simple(?) I have only full backups and I need to
keep backups for
Last 6 daily backups for a week
Last 4 weekly backups for a month
Last 6 monthly backups for 6 months.

But:
1. All backups are kept for much longer without being pruned.
2. A daily backup volume is created every day but older daily backup volume
are used instead.

I run version 22.1.1~pre26.eeec2501e without any changes to defaults.

Here is an examples of my configuration:

Job {
Name = "lpsoar01_job_D"
JobDefs = "DailyJobDefs"
FileSet = "lpsoar01_fileset"
Schedule = "DailyFullCycle"
}

JobDefs {
Name = "DailyJobDefs"
Type = Backup
Level = Full
Client = bareos-fd
Schedule = "DailyFullCycle"
Storage = File
Messages = Standard
Pool = DailyFullCyclePool
Priority = 10
Write Bootstrap = "/var/lib/bareos/%c.bsr"
Full Backup Pool = DailyFullCyclePool # write Full
Backups into "Full-Pool" Pool
Differential Backup Pool = Differential # write Diff Backups into
"Differential" Pool
Incremental Backup Pool = Incremental # write Incr Backups into
"Incremental" Pool
}

Pool {
Name = DailyFullCyclePool
Pool Type = Backup
Recycle = yes
AutoPrune = yes
Volume Retention = 7 days
Maximum Volume Jobs = 100
Label Format = Daily-
Maximum Volumes = 40
}

What am I doing wrong here?
Thanks,
Yariv

Miguel Santos <manj...@gmail.com <mailto:manj...@gmail.com> >: Oct 29 12:46PM
+0100

You need 3 different pools to do this.

One that keeps your:
- 6 daily backups for a week
- 4 weekly backups for a month
- 6 monthly backups for 6 months.

>From there you can decide to either:
* create different jobs to write to different pools (simpler)
* make a migration/copy of the data to the pool (a bit more complicated)

It will not work with your current configuration because the retention
works at the pool level.

Good luck.

Back to top

You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group.
You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email
to bareos-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
<mailto:bareos-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com> .