Hey Team,
I'm new to Bareos, and the documentation either doesn't align or my brain
needs to bend more to see how the design team was thinking.
I've been trying for over a week to add a client. the folder structures on
windows are not intuitive and seems to have director and client in multiple
folders so it is hard to work out what is what and where is the actual
configuration held.

I've got a windows client installed, but i don't know how to collect the
secret to add it to the director.
Additionally , the documentation to add a client seems to be misaligned
with v23?

https://docs.bareos.org/IntroductionAndTutorial/Tutorial.html#id25
'add a client'

[image: AddClient.jpg]

Is there some sort of structure where i can see, oh the client or fd config
is here, i just need to copy that and insert it into the director like
this. Simplified?
Being new to Bareos with no handover seems like an impossibility as the
documentation is not for someone that doesn't already know, more for
someone that just needs a refresher and is already trained in the Bareos
ways.

I haven't even got to the adding a S3 bucket or having multiple businesses
/ devices yet. I don't know if it is suitable for this. Anyone that can
throw me a snippet would be greatly appreciated. Also, giving me a URL will
not help, i've been to them all and they are all not in the current
programing mindset that i have. Show me the Bareos Mind Bending ways.