Maybe this will just create the "oooh moment"

Here you have client resource defined in the bareos-dir (director)
/etc/bareos/bareos-dir.d/client/client2-fd.conf
Each of them will contain a passphrase that you will report to
/etc/bareos/bareos-fd.d/director/director-dir.conf

So I can just confirm that starting with no knowledge and no ideas how the
product work can a be challenge, but once it is setup usually work like a
charm ;-)
We often see that buying consulting and training on the beginning can boost
the time to production.