Thanks Roman,

that is nice version of the perhaps most well known old Finnish folk
melody.

Years ago I played with two very good Finnish folk masters, Heikki Laitinen
and Hannu Saha. They played kantele and I played renaissance guitar. We
improvised on different Finnish folk melodies. The pieces sometimes became
long, sometimes shorter, but always different. Those guys are so good that
they also could take me with them to the interesting world of improvisation
- they could make me feel that I can do something there, by reacting very
fast to everything I did. The music, the "pieces", became some kind of
kantele minimalism.

I found some old videos by Hannu in the y-tube. The first is quite simple
version of the same that you made, the second one is wilder:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlO2kOiE0mg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPqvXCcdz3o

And a newer one, a kantele duo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnslDX3HtsM&feature=related

Today the old Finnish folk music is living well. And their key words are
improvisation, improvisation and improvisation.

Arto