I wrote to Gerlach a few years ago about his music for baroque lute but I never
got a response. Does anyone know if it is available anywhere?

Sterling

----- Original Message ----
From: Thomas Schall <lauten...@lautenist.de>
To: wikla <wi...@cs.helsinki.fi>; "baroque-lute@cs.dartmouth.edu"
<baroque-lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Sent: Sat, October 9, 2010 5:34:05 AM
Subject: [BAROQUE-LUTE] Re: New music to d-minor tuning?

  Hi Arto,

I enjoyed playing Stefan's music.
I especially enjoyed the choral-settings, the Bellmann-Suites and some
of his "studies".

There are also few pieces by Meinhardt Gerlach and Rüdiger Giess for
Baroque Lute - Meinhardt mainly composed songs but the one or other
piece for solo baroque lute, too.
Rüdiger's Music isn't widely available. I published some of his works as
supplement to the Info of the german lute society. I don't know if they
would have any spare copies. I really enjoyed his music because he makes
the lute sound - if you know what I mean.

Best wishes
Thomas