I have some ideas, though you might already have tried them.

1.      Removing all Tab2MageImporter.jar files, new and old. Delete
tomcat/work. Restart tomcat. Edit and save the plugin definition without
changing anything. Now (or earlier) you should get a red box saying that
BASE2 does not find the class or jar file. Put the new jar file and
edit+save plugin-def again. Now the class would hopefully be found and you
are using the new jar file

Or try this

2.      Edit plugin def, select "permissions"-tab and set "use
permissions"="no", if this does not work try manipulating the permissions in
other ways.

Or try this

3.      Be sure that tomcat runs as the same user, (or with users with same
permissions). We have had permission problems when tomcat has run as user
"A" one day and made files and dirs somewhere, and the next day tomcat
hanged and was restarted by user "B". But user "B" was not allowed to alter
files made by tomcat as user "A". Probably a bad setup by us but could
happen elsewhere as well.

Hope some of this is helpful. I made the Tab2MageImporter work some time
ago, but have not tried with the latest version.

Vegard.

  _____