Hi Nicklas,

I still haven't clear if/how it's possible to do this:

- A search web service we have written is invoked with certain parameters
- The ws searches inside BASE and returns a list of URLs. Every URL is
about an experiment that matches the search parameters/criteria
(actually experiment titles are returned too). Every URL is supposed to
automatically open an experiment page in the BASE web interface. We also
would like that the URL makes BASE to automatically login a "guest" user
(experiments we decide to make publicly visible will be made accessible
to this user), of course when the URL is clicked.

You may already have guessed that the web service will be invoked by
another web application:

http://ftp.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/Publications/CEUR-WS/Vol-435/poster06.pdf

and that the returned URLs will be put in this application.

 From previous messages in this mailing list, I understand that BASE
doesn't allow one to keep open multiple user sessions, coming from
multiple IPs, so this could be a problem re. what I've described. Or did
I get it wrong? An alternative for us could be that the end user has its
own BASE account, he/she provide us with it and we pass it to the web
service (or report it in the experiment's URL).

Is there a way to do what I described above? It's strange we cannot find
an answer to that.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Marco.

From: Nicklas Nordborg <nick...@th...> - 2009-12-15 21:45
Olivier Lefevre wrote:
> Out of curiosity, this error message implies that session IDs,
> once allocated, are tied to the remote ID the initial request
> came from. Is it a security feature?

Yes, but a very simple one. The idea is to protect the server from
someone guessing an ID that is in use.

/Nicklas