On 2013-09-12 16:22, Jari Häkkinen wrote:
> On 2013-09-11 10:57, Laurent Troxler wrote:
>> going through the log files here is what I can get:
>> system.log: repeating those two lines
>> Sep 11 10:32:00 seridi java[85937]: kCGErrorFailure: Set a breakpoint @
>> CGErrorBreakpoint() to catch errors as they are logged.
>> Sep 11 10:32:02 seridi com.apple.launchd[1] (org.apache.tomcat):
>> Throttling respawn: Will start in 8 seconds
>>
>> /Library/Tomcat/logs/catalina.2013-09-11.log :
>> Sep 11, 2013 10:52:05 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap
>> initClassLoaders
>> SEVERE: Class loader creation threw exception
>> java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to window server - not enough
>> permissions.

I think this could be that the Java runtime engine is starting up
various threads for handling GUI interactions. I have not seen this
preventing startup of Tomcat or BASE but it can lead to issues with
generating plots and other image handling (much) later.

The installation instructions mention that "headless mode" should be
enabled to prevent this. See 4:th bullet in the Tomcat section
(http://base.thep.lu.se/chrome/site/latest/html/admin/installation.main.html).

In any case, I don't think this is related to BASE not working, but it
needs to be fixed sooner or later and better to rule it out as soon as
possible.

/Nicklas