Howdy --

For the most part, I'm glad to have the non-EXPath packaging mechanism introduced for 7.2.1 -- particularly given how the EXPath implementation in BaseX has some unintended side effects (ie. loading all modules when only one is referenced).

However, I wonder if perhaps the current implementation could stand to be fleshed out a bit:

- No mechanism for atomically upgrading a module exists; it must be uninstalled, then installed again, leaving an intermediate period in which the module is unavailable. - No mechanism for attaching a version to a module exists, making it impossible to determine whether an upgrade is necessary.

The combination of these two factors is particularly unfortunate -- meaning that uninstallation/reinstallation is necessary when there is any conceivable possibility that a module may have changed (given the lack of a version registry), but not providing any means of performing such reinstallation without possible service disruption.

With respect to versioning mechanism -- perhaps an optional pragma embedded in the module text, or an optional argument to 'REPO INSTALL'?