On 04/05/2012 05:59 PM, Christian Grün wrote:
We could add a "force" flag to the "repo install" command; a "repo
update" would be another alternative. Ideas?

"Update" makes more sense to me than "force", simply on account of "force" being somewhat ambiguous as a term -- it could imply that other anomalous situations are to be ignored as well.

- No mechanism for attaching a version to a module exists, making it
impossible to determine whether an upgrade is necessary.
..this won't happen before the release of 7.2.1 or 7.3, because we'd
have to invest more time (than currently available) in a clean
concept.
Makes sense to me. I'll plan on coming up with my own mechanism (say, a $version variable in each module) in the interim.

Everyone: I have just added some Annotations to the QueryModule; this
way, the permissions of functions and other properties can be fine
tuned, and Java code can thus be better optimized by the XQuery
processor:

   http://docs.basex.org/wiki/Java_Bindings#Context-Awareness

Nice!