Thanks, I will give it a go.
My motivation is to find a restxq config that avoids the "parsing tax". I
am thinking of trying setting RESTXQPATH to restxq.
Then using this structure:
webapp
-app1
--mod2.xqm

-restxq
--app1
---restmod1.xqm

-static
--app1
---index.html

Where restxq/app/restmod1.xqm etc all have *declare base-uri "../../app";*

Unless there is another imminent solution to this in the works :-)?

/Andy