Indeed, I use the create function from the GUI, I just assumed it's the same 2 separate operations.

Indeed, with CREATE DB it doesn't get out of memory at 1G. And it also gets GC'ed and returned to system afterwards with no additional intervention, after CREATE DB memory shrinks immediately back to ~30M.

So confirmed, huge memory usage and memory "leak" (or whatever it is) is linked to ADD only.

Thanks,
Dinu