Hi Christian,

I'm having trouble getting an XML Catalog to work in BaseX 9.7.2 running on
Java 8. The XML Catalog is working properly in BaseX and Saxon using Java 17.
However, if I keep everything the same and switch to Java 8 the XML Catalog
doesn't work. The error messages when running on Java 8 indicate that the XML
Catalog is not being used at all. The obvious solution of updating the
environment to a more recent version of Java is not so easy in this case.

I have the XML Catalog location configured as an absolute file system URI in
the system properties org.basex.catfile, xml.catalog.files, and
javax.xml.catalog.files. Option db:intparse is set to false and option db:dtd
is set to true. I have set the class path to include both the Apache XML
Resolver (xml-resolver:xml-resolver:1.2) and the xmlresolver.org XML Resolver
(org.xmlresolver:xmlresolver:4.4.0).

It is my understanding that BaseX will use Norm Tovey-Walsh's XML Resolver from
xmlresolver.org if it is found on the class path, or fall back to Java's built
in XML resolver. I see the logic for this check on which catalog resolver to
use in org.basex.util.Resolver.

Do you have any suggestions on what to try, or is this pointing to a possible
bug somewhere?

Thank you,
Vincent

Vincent M. Lizzi
Head of Information Standards | Taylor & Francis Group
530 Walnut St., Suite 850, Philadelphia, PA 19106
E-Mail: vincent.li...@taylorandfrancis.com
Web: www.tandfonline.com

Taylor & Francis is a trading name of Informa UK Limited,
registered in England under no. 1072954

Information Classification: General