From: Christian Grün <christian.gr...@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 7, 2022 5:27 AM
To: Lizzi, Vincent <vincent.li...@taylorandfrancis.com>
Cc: basex-talk@mailman.uni-konstanz.de
Subject: Re: [basex-talk] Java 8 and XML Catalog

Hi Vincent,

XML catalogs and Java 8 are an ungrateful combination indeed. As you know,
support for catalogs will improve a lot with BaseX 10, as JDK 11 comes with its
own catalog resolver. With BaseX 10, we’ll also support Norm’s XML resolver, as
you’ve already discovered (we’ll update our documentation soon).

Due to limited resources, we decided to focus on the new version exclusively.
It’s interesting to hear, though, that your code is working with BaseX 9 and
Java 17. Maybe it’s the inbuilt XML resolver that’s used by Java 17, no matter
if an external resolver is added to the classpath? All I can do is guess …

Maybe JDK developers would be able to answer that question if we managed to
create some self-contained code in Java?

Best,