On August 27, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> Hi,
> Just started using BBDB (2.32) with Gnus 5.8.8 and emacs 20.7.1.  My main
> goal for using bbdb is being able to automatically set certain header info
> based on bbdb data (so, each of my records contains a
> personal/business/other type field, and I want the From line to change
> according to the type).  Using message-mode to send the mail.  I have lisp
> functions that change the message the way I want, but I'm not sure how to
> hook them into message/bbdb.  What I want: any time I run
> bbdb-complete-name, if a completion exists, I'd like a custom function to
> run.  If this is possible, I'd need to also know how to programmatically
> query the matching BBDB record to extract the type field.
> 
> Is this anywhere in the manuals/faq?  I spent some time looking, but to no
> avail.
> 
> Any help appreciated,

Not quite this, but there's a VM-bolt-on package called personality
crisis which does this sort of thing. It may be adaptable, or even
already adapted, for use with Gnus. By my recollection, it allows you
to tweak mail buffers based on any arbitrary rules you like. Check
google for it, I guess.

Cheers,
Waider.
-- 
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.

"Oh yeah, James, just a matter of geography really, what country are you in
 again? Is it the flat one?" - Adele

_______________________________________________
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bbdb-info
BBDB Home Page: http://bbdb.sourceforge.net/

Reply via email to