Sergei Pokrovsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>   Michael> I have something like ((boundp 'bbdb-record) (eval
>   Michael> (do-something-with (bbdb-record-getprop bbdb-record
>   Michael> 'field-name))))
>
>   Michael> as part of my gnus-posting-styles.
>
> [...]
>
> That's interesting.  Could I have something similar on the reading side?
> That is, some posters are known to use inconvenient styles, and I'd
> like their postings to be washed (in Gnus sense) before presentation
> and depending on the poster?

I think that it is possible to get the BBDB record from the sender's
address in an article buffer, with something like

(save-excursion 
  (let ((old-buf (current-buffer))) 
    (set-buffer gnus-article-buffer) 
    (let* ((adr (message-fetch-field "From")) 
         (bbdb-record (when adr (car (bbdb-update-records (list adr) nil nil))))) 
    (when bbdb-record (bbdb-record-getprop bbdb-record 'field-name)))))

There should be some hook where you could use this information to do
what you want, maybe gnus-article-prepare-hook ?

Michael

_______________________________________________
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bbdb-info
BBDB Home Page: http://bbdb.sourceforge.net/

Reply via email to