Ami Fischman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
> Just started using BBDB (2.32) with Gnus 5.8.8 and emacs 20.7.1.  My main
> goal for using bbdb is being able to automatically set certain header info
> based on bbdb data (so, each of my records contains a
> personal/business/other type field, and I want the From line to change
> according to the type).  Using message-mode to send the mail.  I have lisp
> functions that change the message the way I want, but I'm not sure how to
> hook them into message/bbdb.  What I want: any time I run
> bbdb-complete-name, if a completion exists, I'd like a custom function to
> run.  If this is possible, I'd need to also know how to programmatically
> query the matching BBDB record to extract the type field.

I have something like 
  ((boundp 'bbdb-record) 
    (eval (do-something-with
           (bbdb-record-getprop bbdb-record 'field-name))))

as part of my gnus-posting-styles. It would not work with
bbdb-complete-name, but works for mails that you
start from within a BBDB buffer with the "m" command.

Maybe that's useful for your purpose.

Michael


_______________________________________________
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bbdb-info
BBDB Home Page: http://bbdb.sourceforge.net/

Reply via email to