On 01/05/2010, at 6:33 PM, G. T. Stresen-Reuter wrote:

On May 1, 2010, at 7:02 AM, Ron Fleckner wrote:

Esc key.  Same as the Find thing in Safari.

You learn something new every day. Thanks for the tip!

Ted Stresen-Reuter

Huh, yeah it took me about five years to realize the Escape key dismisses most dialog windows. I was so chuffed I started testing it out on just about everything where it might work. And it works a lot of the time all around a Mac, probably always did. It's great for un- selecting in Finder, iTunes, possibly other places, too. Unfortunately it doesn't un-select text in BBEdit or Mail or TextEdit or anywhere that I've discovered yet, but I wish it would. To me, at least, it would make sense.

Ron

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the "BBEdit Talk" discussion group on Google Groups.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/bbedit?hl=en
If you have a feature request or would like to report a problem, please email "[email protected]" rather than posting to the group.

Reply via email to