On 02/05/2011 at 20:56, [email protected] (LuKreme) wrote:

On May 1, 2011, at 9:46, Will Mayall <[email protected]> wrote:

If I paste the following (I hope it appears) into a document in
BBEdit, I see nothing:

більше ніж варто

Make sure the font you a using for BBEdit has a complete glyph set for utf-8, most monospaced fonts do not. I believe Menlo does, but I can't verify it right now.

Well for a start, that's Cyrillic text, not Greek. I have BBEdit set to use Consolas 13 and this text, as well a polytonic Greek (eg. ἡρώων τὸν ἀοιδὸν Ἴῳ ἔνι παῖδες Ὅμηρον), shows fine in this font, in Monaco or in Courier, or in any other font. It may not look pretty in all fonts but it will be legible. It is only if you don't have the glyphs installed at system level that you will have problems, but Cyrillic is obviously present. I am writing this with Mailsmith set to Monaco 9 and can read what I've written.

JD

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the "BBEdit Talk" discussion group on Google Groups.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
<http://groups.google.com/group/bbedit?hl=en>
If you have a feature request or would like to report a problem, please email "[email protected]" rather than posting to the group.
Follow @bbedit on Twitter: <http://www.twitter.com/bbedit>

Reply via email to