On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 4:36 AM, Watts Martin <lay...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What I'd like to see is a guide for porting TextMate bundles to BBEdit.
> Unlike a few of the other editors that have popped up recently, you can't
> convert them directly, but I suspect a lot of them could be rewritten as
> AppleScript. However, I doubt I'm alone in finding AppleScript to be a
> *remarkably* impenetrable language -- this is a project somebody else would
> have to take up.

I'm not familiar with TextMate bundles, but it seems to me that BBEdit's
Unix Scripts and Unix Filters menus might be an easier target than
AppleScript for converting existing bundles—since for one thing they can be
written in any language available from the shell. But I could be
misunderstanding the situation in any number of ways.

I'd love to see more organized sharing of BBEdit scripts etc.