Hi,all. I'm trying to do the research and learn the proper syntax, but
I keep getting confused by the web page descriptions. Just a little
background: I am a visual learner. I was great in Geometry but my
algebra teacher said "Jeff tries very hard but has no natural
aptitude" :-)  In other words, I can see pictures in my head and
rotate 3D puzzles, but abstract equations with symbolic language
become a complete mystery to me.     Rather than pester this group for
basic questions, can anyone recommend a short site or GOOD, SIMPLE
book that would show me how?

In the meantime, I'm faced with a complex replacement problem.... I
would appreciate instruction on it.

My client wants me to take a tool tip for hundreds of items and wants
me to add a tab after the item number and then remove numbers at the
end of the phrase.

As a sample the numbers and letters up to the first space are the item
number. Description text is variable in lenght and the last set of
numbers are to be removed. The codes are only numbers preceded by a
space.

26119BCZZD002CR01 Edward Piguet Tourbillon with Diamond Bezel White
and lots of gold stuff  73245

Any help and instruction greatly appreciated.
TIA,
Jeff