On 9/6/11 12:00 PM, "Ronald J Kimball" <r...@tamias.net> wrote:
Thanks for the references!  I'll look into them. I like to understand what
I'm doing and that is why just having the pocket reference may not be enough
for me... Also like looking at formulas alone... It is harder for me to
grasp what I'm doing.
> We need a little more information to solve this.
>
> First, what is the form of the item numbers?  Do they always start with the
> same digits, or have the same pattern of digits and letters?

The first set is a pattern of letters and numbers with no repeating values,
so 0-9, A-Z, would include all possible combinations, and vary in length.
The only consistent is the item ID is followed by a space.
 The trailing text to be removed are all numbers without alphabet
characters.
> Second, what is the context of these strings?  Are they attribute values in
> HTML pages, or one per line in text files, or something else?

I have put each line into BBedit as single lines  followed by \r
I'll probably turn the file into a table with 2 columns and multiple rows in
BBEdit ( Item # followed by description)
 and then place into an html page, but that is the easy part.