Hi,

I use BBedit for a lot of R programming.  When I'm programming, I always
use underscores in my function and variable names, because I can
double-click on them and get the whole thing.  E.g.:

get_human_DNA
sampled_DNA

However, most other programmers write their variables like this:

get.human.DNA
sampled.DNA

...when I double-click on these, I only get a selection up to the period.
 E.g., just "sampled" or just "DNA". Is there a way to change this
behavior, and get the whole word, including the period?

I know it's just another click or two to select the whole word manually,
but I'm so used to doing it with a simple double-click, and now a
collaborator has changed everything in our shared project to periods, so
it's driving me nuts.

Thanks so much if anyone can think of a solution!

Cheers,
Nick