I could have sworn that I was always able to see the dot marking a dirty
doc when looking at the Window dropdown. Today I noticed that there is a
checkmark next to the document I am in, which is nice and which I don't
remember being there before (but maybe I just forgot), but the checkmark is
in the same place the dot would be. The upshot is I did a build thinking
all my docs were saved when in fact the one I was currently looking at was
not.

Am I making this up (that I could always see the dot, even if I was looking
at the current doc)?

I can make a request to put the dot on the right or something, so as not to
interfere with the checkmark. But I'm just wondering if I'm correct that
this is new behavior.

Yes I know I can look at the little icon at the upper right of a document
to see if it's dirty or not; that's not the point of this topic. The point
is being able to see if any doc is clean or dirty by glancing at the Window
dropdown.

Thanks -- Barbara

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-r8iJdktxd-s/W2Du9p4TykI/AAAAAAAAAOo/oxNwpDKtH7kIRNq32GI0IBrvk3pKfgS1wCLcBGAs/s1600/can-see-dot.png>

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-9Iq0vH4wOa4/W2DvE0xd-lI/AAAAAAAAAOs/vZsjPN1MH7UvsYcKrJUsFBwpC-G6x72eACLcBGAs/s1600/cant-see-dot.png>