On 15 Sep 2021, at 9:38, David Donachie wrote:

>> On 15 Sep 2021, at 06:29, Jan Erik Moström <li...@mostrom.pp.se> wrote:
>>
>> On 7 Sep 2021, at 23:56, Christopher Werby wrote:
>>
>>> Announcing the release of Code Modules
>>
>> I'm quite impressed with what you have done here. Just to make sure I've
>> understood things correctly: this is a tool for creating web sites but not
>> for web sites with a blog?
>>
>> = jem
>
>  That probably depends how committed you are to a static/DB-less site. Long
> ago, before DBs were available, I had a blog that stored entries as text
> files, but I wouldn’t advise it now, the security risks are scary! :)

I'm mostly thinking of the extra work creating a blog, generating index pages
etc. I mean that there are a several static site generators (usually with some
kind of blogging support) like Pelican, Hugo, Nicola, Jekyll, etc, that handles
that automatically. Manually maintaining a site with a fairly large number of
blog entries quickly become cumbersome (if you want support for categories,
tags, etc), while it's easier to maintain a site with a smaller number of pages
(think documentation or a smaller info site).

Since BBEdit doesn't have support for generating various kind of indexes (that
I know of), I was wondering if Code Modules have support for this. I might have
missed it but I didn't see any indication of this.

= jem

--
This is the BBEdit Talk public discussion group. If you have a feature request
or need technical support, please email "supp...@barebones.com" rather than