Am Dienstag 05 September 2006 19:58 schrieb Larry Finger:
> Based on user reports and my own experiences, the current problems with
> NETDEV WATCHDOG tx timeouts, and the device just falling over do not happen
> when periodic work is not preemptible. These problems seem to affect
> BCM4306 rev 2 & 3 chips. Since I changed BADNESS_LIMIT to 20 to disable
> preemption during periodic work, my device has stayed up continuously for
> more than 18 hours. Previously, the longest time between failures was less
> than 6 hours, and sometimes as short as 10 minutes.

I have a BCM4306 rev 3, running with linux-2.6.17.x and have none of these
problems. My WLAN connection uptime is several days without any problem
accept those dummy message from softmac:
TKIP: replay detected: STA=00:04:0e:90:76:e8 previous TSC 000000000894
received TSC 000000000894

Same for CCMP and WEP/WPA or access point does not matter.

HS