On 01/05/2010 09:55 PM, Jim Haynes wrote:
> I'm not sure if this is a b43 problem or a Fedora problem.

It is a problem with Broadcom.

> When I get the firmware from the web site I get ucode5.fw, ucode13.fw,
> ucode11.fw  but no ucode15.fw    (and other stuff with number 5, and 13)

I have revised the wiki. You will not get the xxx15.fw files.

> Now I guess if I did have the firmware it wants, ucode15.fw, I don't know
> how to work that in to the live CD - maybe I'd have to install it on the
> hard drive, or maybe I have to get the Fedora people to add it to the
> build.

The Fedora people do not have the right to distribute Broadcom firmware, which
is why it is not on the live CD. What you need to do is run the procedure from
the wiki and then copy the files in /lib/firmware/b43/ to some removable device.
After you boot the CD, then copy those files to the firmware directory in the
ramfs. Once that is done, unload and reload (with modprobe) the b43 driver. You
will now be able to access the network. If you install from the CD, you will
need to copy those files to the hard drive.

Larry