On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 20:09:41 +0100
Miklos Vajna <vmik...@frugalware.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently upgraded to 2.6.33, then 2.6.34-rc1, but both have the same
> bugs:
>
> 1) The earlier mentioned problem is still there, the b43 driver
> disconnects if no WPA is used by the AP.
>
> (This is not an issue with the binary broadcom 'wl' driver.)
>
> 2) The wireless card seems not to be functional after suspend to disk:
>
> # iwlist eth0 scan
> eth0      Failed to read scan data : Invalid argument
>
> And this is with b43 and wl, 2.6.33 and 2.6.34-rc1. If I downgrade to
> 2.6.32, both work after hibernation.
>
> Is this a known issue? Also, is there a bugtracker where I should
> report these errors? Or should I simply use
> http://bugzilla.kernel.org?

I suggest you add to this thread in linux-acpi (and lkml), that you can
reproduce the problem, and it might then get some attention:
http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=126879129905898&w=2 .

Out of interest, if you revert to 2.6.32 do you find your CMOS has been
reset so that the wireless is permanently off?  That happens to me
intermittently.

State your hardware when doing so (what is it?).

Chris