In a message dated 2/3/02 2:59:38 AM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Just a related question, Monte (et al), the vineyards around here are
all using grafted vines. What's the philosphy behind grafting or not
grafting grapes?

-Allan

Allan,

It's my understanding that the two primary reasons for grafting to rootstocks with winegrapes are to protect against Phylloxera and to obtain certain growth characteristics pertaining to vigor and crop loads.

I haven't seen much in the way of responses to my request for advice in using BD techniques or procedures in starting grape cuttings.

Monte